In today’s fast paced world, a vital life skill is anticipating, planning for and managing change, and that includes career transition. Marylebone Executive Search’s experienced Associates will help you develop those skills key to successful career change and equip you to connect with real opportunities in a new field or sector.
Career change or transition is an increasingly likely prospect for more and more people. As working lives lengthen and the global economy makes business increasingly dynamic, the reality for many in careers with fixed early retirement dates is that reducing job satisfaction, redundancy or unemployment is likely to create the need to consider new options. For others, changing vocational issues may be paramount in seeking career change.
Whatever the individual circumstances, it is essential to seek career transition advice as early as possible. Identifying the right future career path first time and then planning your journey can take time. That said, no-one can afford to be out of work for long these days and it’s true to say that extended periods of not working can make it more difficult to achieve the desired career and remuneration levels. This makes it vital that anyone considering or facing career change seeks the best advice on new career options and subsequent planning, and develops the capability to identify realistic and worthwhile opportunities in a new field or sector.
How we work
Our Seminar and Individual Programmes.
We regularly present 1 day Career Transition seminars at the Civil Service College, London entitled ‘Career Transition: Masterclass’ (directors and above) and ‘Career Transition: Life skills to Shape your Future’ (for managers at all levels).
We also conduct personally tailored, definitive Advisory and Managed programmes (see below) for both corporate and individual clients.
Career Transition Seminars
Our seminars provide an authoritative and powerful catalyst for comprehensively reviewing present and future options, including salaried employment, NED roles, portfolio careers, working in the charity sector and starting your own business. The seminars highlight and explain the skills and tools needed to develop new career aspirations and make them a reality. They provide an assured and sensible platform from which to fashion a revised and refreshed career path, connect with real opportunities and make a confident and successful move to a new field or sector.
Our associates also provide advice and guidance on preparations for retirement and present a regular 1 day seminar at the Civil Service College entitled ‘The Next Step: Preparing for Retirement‘. This programme presents a realistic, positive and practical approach to the opportunities presented by retirement.
For dates and details of all our programmes at the Civil Service College visit http://www.civilservicecollege.org.uk/ and click on training programmes. Alternatively contact the Civil Service College direct on 0208 069 9000. All bookings should be made through the College.
One to two hour interview. Outline content:
- Review of skills, experience and qualifications
- Identification of feasible career transition goals
- Discussion of marketing options and sources of job opportunities
- Review of CV
Interview conclusion and actions:
- Associate provides career transition recommendations
- Client placed on the Marylebone Associates client database for three months
One to two hour interview, with outline content as Advisory service above.
Interview conclusion and actions:
- Associate provides career transition recommendations and identifies actions for both the client and the associate
- Client placed on the Marylebone Associates client database for six months
Ongoing mentoring and support:
- Associate leads on progressing identified recommendations from the advisory interview and subsequent discussions, using other Marylebone Associates, contacts and advisors as necessary
- Associate works with the client on the development of transition capability and the creation of an assured career pathway towards the desired field or sector
- Associate available for the provision of advice, including CV improvement and tailoring, assistance with the drafting of job applications and key preparations for job interviews
- Associate arranges a further one-on-one progress review interview at a time agreed between the client and the Associate
Clients can commit to a Managed programme from the outset for an agreed period or, alternatively, can decide after an Advisory interview whether they wish to proceed on a Managed basis. The length (and cost) of our support can be tailored to a client’s own wishes, situation and changing needs. Our fees are highly competitive and are discussed with clients on first enquiry.
To discuss your company’s requirements in strictest confidence:
Call 020 3126 4858 Or send an enquiry.